Saturday 18 April 2015

How to improve spoken english with video-practice phrasal verbs

How to improve spoken english with video-practice phrasal verbs
www.pollyverbs.com I just started using this phrasal verb app to help my students with their English pronunciation. I think it's a cool tip for all us English as a second language teachers since we only get four hours a week together. I really liked the phrasal verbs you get to pronounce. There aren't tons but enough to get started and they feel like common daily phrases. A few of them have started using the app privately. At the very least they think it's fun. Not sure I would recommend Polly for core work since it only has one real function, but it's very accurate I find so far. A couple of points: As a teacher you need to correct your students pronunciation to improve their conversational skills but don't forget comprehension is equally important. In fact they work together. Once a student has a good understanding of the sound, only then can you start correcting their accent and pronunciation. I was with my Spanish friend last year in Barcelona and she asked if I wanted to go to the 'bitch'. Of course she meant 'beach'. Little things like this are the biggest mistakes by foreign ESL students make trying to learn english conversation. I hope this helps with your students to teach spoken english.

No comments:

Post a Comment